Aggregrate 3 interface counters across 2 devices

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arthurr
Arthurr's picture
Aggregrate 3 interface counters across 2 devices

Hello,

I have Zenoss 3.2.1 and I'm trying to use the Calculated Performance pack to aggregate 3 interfaces counters across 2 devices. I've tried datapoint[''] with os.interfaces.ge-1_0_9.ethernetCsmacd_64.ifHCInOctets_ifHCInOctets, os.interfaces.ge-1_0_9.ifHCInOctets_ifHCInOctets, os.interfaces.ge-1_0_9.ethernetCsmacd_64.ifHCInOctets and a few others.  They all error "failed: 'SimpleObject' object is unsubscriptable", which I believe is because the attribute is returning None (not found).

Arthurr
Arthurr's picture
So far I'm just trying to agg

So far I'm just trying to agg two interfaces on the same switch with the template bound to the switch.

Arthurr
Arthurr's picture
This is what I'm doing as

This is what I'm doing as workaround.

1. Disable ifHCInOctets and ifHCOutOctets in a local copy of the component template "ethernetCsmacd_64" for each interface I want to aggregrate.

2. Create a local device template naming the OID of each counter I want.  With those uniquely named datapoints I can now aggregrate.  I haven't tried to aggregate the datapoint from the other device yet, but I assume if I do similar on that device I can tie things together.

Ugly, not scalable, but it works (so far).