Zenoss core usage

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lachanpa
Lachanpa's picture
Zenoss core usage

Hi,

I am currently studying Zenoss core in part of our new solution we are trying to build.

We have a couple of monitoring tools we are using and want to keep using ( agents based ) .

We would only be using zenoss core only a central console which would receive alerts from monitoring tools and then forward those alerts to remedy using script to create tickets.

If we build our own scripts, can we use zenoss core free version to achieve all that ?

Thanks

Kr!
Kr!'s picture
Yes,

Yes,

You can absolutely do that.

Thanks,

kr!

Lachanpa
Lachanpa's picture
Is there any maximum number

Is there any maximum number of hosts that can go through core console ?
Also, I am a little confused as why the Zenoss sales rep told me it was not possible to use zenoss core as I stated before without paying...

Jcurry
Jcurry's picture
Absolutely Zenoss Core can do

Absolutely Zenoss Core can do that.  The Zenoss Sales rep may possibly have a different agenda ;)

As with any monitoring tool, it is impossible to give accurate sizing details because everyone does different things. 

How are you planning to forward events to Zenoss?  It can natively collect syslog messages and SNMP traps and one of those might be the easiest way forward for you.

If you want more detailed information on the Zenoss Event management system, you might pull my paper on this from  https://www.skills-1st.co.uk/papers/jane/zenoss4-events/

Cheers,

Jane