Zenoss 4.2.5 - Microsoft Zenpack (2.69 and 2.67 testeed) - MSSQL monitoring greyed out

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rcocchiararo2
Rcocchiararo2's picture
Zenoss 4.2.5 - Microsoft Zenpack (2.69 and 2.67 testeed) - MSSQL monitoring greyed out

Hi there

Long time not posting here (and i had to make a new account, since "Rcocchiararo" decided that my password was wrong and no email was ever received for reseting it.

After struggling for a little more than a year with 5.* and its massive requirements (for us at least), i went back to 4.2.5.

Back here, the microsoft zenpack wont allow me to tick/unting the monitoring of SQL databases/jobs (it is greyed out).

Could this be a bug, or something i might be missing ?

PS: before publishing this, i just noticed that the "process" section has the same issue, so not a MSSQL exclusive issue.

Jcurry
Jcurry's picture
Fairly sure the process one

Fairly sure the process one at least, was a bug.  Do you have SUP671 installed? 

On processes, I used the Gear icon above the list of processes to select Monitoring and you then get the option to turn monitoring on or off - you cannot directly click on the Monitored column to do this.  This works with SUP671.

Cheers,

Jane

Rcocchiararo2
Rcocchiararo2's picture
I have just learned about

I have just learned about ZENUP totally by chance, when reading the post where you help other users with the install script.

My zenos is now booting after being upgraded to SUP671.

I was using the gear icon, and monitoring was greyed out there.

Rcocchiararo2
Rcocchiararo2's picture
Sadly, the SQL part was not

Sadly, the SQL part was not fixed (instance/jobs/databases cannot be set to monitored from the gear>monitoring)

And i was also mistaken, it was in the procerosrs that i could not set for monitoring, not processes.

Also, after the update, the events and infraestructure section remains blank besides the headers... but only when using google chrome :P

EDIT: clearing chrome data fixed that part

Jcurry
Jcurry's picture
I have a script that I have

I have a script that I have used to unmanage particular instances of particular types of components - the only types fully implemented are   filesystems and rabbitmqvhost.  Please treat this as development code and check in a test environment.  Hopefully it will give you some clues.

https://gist.github.com/jcurry/eddbcf819d1f8c17848431cb577a7152

Cheers,

Jane