Urgent Help required please

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Maziggy
Maziggy's picture
Urgent Help required please

Hello,

unfortunately our Zenoss server is broken and i needed to set up a new one. Installed the latest Zenoss Core version according to the documentartion and everything looks good so far. When trying to restore the latest backup after some time i get the error message

"facade: service name already exists under parent"

and restore will abort. The problem is that we are now "blind" because we don't have any monitoring for our network which drives me crazy. Can someone perhaps can explain how to successfull restore all my data?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Martin

Kr!
Kr!'s picture
Hi,

Hi,

1) Stop serviced and docker on all resource pool hosts if you have any.

2) Stop serviced and docker on master

3) Make sure resource pool hosts is no more conected to master. do mount and see.

4) Start serviced on master along with quorum hosts if you configured quorum or restart master and all resource pool hosts.

5) Try to restore backup.

6) If back up restore fails again, follow how to recreate a serviced thin pool from support .zenoss.com.

Thanks,

kr!

Kr!
Kr!'s picture
And if you are trying to

And if you are trying to restore backup in newly configured box, make sure you have same cc and rm version as before.

Maziggy
Maziggy's picture
Well.....restore successfull

Well.....restore successfull finished but unfortunately i don't see any of my data in Zenoss Core. How can that be? I'm completely confused now.

Thanks!

Kr!
Kr!'s picture
Which process did you

Which process did you followed?

Maziggy
Maziggy's picture
Installed everything from

Installed everything from scratch with same Control Center version (1.1.9) and Zenoss Core version (5.1.8) than before and did a "serviced restore <backup file>". Restore finished without any errors but there is no data available at all.

Maziggy
Maziggy's picture
After starting again from

After starting again from scratch it is working now. Don't ask me why ;) Anyway....thanks for your help!

Kr!
Kr!'s picture
Great. 

Great. 

Maziggy
Maziggy's picture
One more question please:

One more question please: what's the "official" way installing an older version of Control Center and Zenoss Core?

I would like to set up a development system and restore a backup from the production system but it not running the latest version of Zenoss Core but 5.1.8.

Thanks, Martin

Kr!
Kr!'s picture
latest release of zenoss is

latest release of zenoss is running docker 1.12 version and 5.1.8 will be using docker 1.9.

So you should deploy zenoss 5.1.8 using 

https://www.zenoss.com/services-support/documentation/recent.  You can restore backup once zenoss 5.1.8 is deployed.

Thanks,

kr!

Maziggy
Maziggy's picture
Yes, but when using pakcte

Yes, but when using packet manager yum it will always install the latest version of Zenoss Core. Or am I missing something?

Kr!
Kr!'s picture
zenoss changed the way they

zenoss changed the way they showed docs. Here is your link.

https://www.zenoss.com/sites/default/files/Zenoss_Core_Installation_Guide_r5.1.8_d1051.16.291.pdf

That should help you.

Thanks,

Kr!